Top 10 Lies Told by Graduate Students
(taken from the Harvard Crimson)
- It doesn't bother me at all that my college roommate is making $80,000 a year on Wall Street.
- I'd be delighted to proofread your book/chapter/article.
- My work has a lot of practical importance.
- I would never date an undergraduate.
- Your latest article was so inspiring.
- I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.
- I just have one more book to read and then I'll start writing.
- The department is giving me so much support.
- My job prospects look really good.
- No really, I'll be out of here in only two more years.